This factory is affecting more than 5,000 people in 12 villages, chairman of Imaduwa Pradeshiya Sabha A.V. Sarath Kumara says.
This came to light at the Imaduwa coordinating committee meeting, chaired by Tharaka Nanayakkara, who disclosed that 15 students of Dorape Maha Vidyalaya has fainted after inhaling fumes from the factory.
He said action would be filed in court against the factory over causing harm to the public.
Nanayakkara said they did not oppose the factory, but that it should adhere to environment safety regulations.