Residents of the area staged a protest on Sunday, urging the authorities to lift the lockdown on their area. Minister Ranaweera came to the protest and promised the public to open the area which he said was isolated for more than 14 days.
Accordingly, the government statement released last evening said the Nahena area has been removed from the isolated status.
However, the residents of the area say they have not yet been given the bag of essential items which is usually given to the people in the isolated areas.
Ranaweera later told the media that the areas had been isolated for more than 16 days and "I would talk to the authorities and take steps to lift the isolation.."