Meanwhile, the opposition has intensified after Wickremesinghe advised a female employee yesterday (May 29) to save the old programs and songs in the SLBC Library in his personal computer before Monday.
It is reported that even the first song sung by Mr. Wally Bastian, the King of Baila in Sri Lanka is preserved in SLBC library.
It is also said that there are original copies of programs such as ' Vinoda Samaya' saved in the library.
Meanwhile, the SLBC's branch of Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna workers' union has launched a poster campaign in the premises, in protest of the current Chairman and its Directors and Advisors.
The posters have included a request which stated "Investigate the misuse of the Digital Archive Library."
It included the following as well.
- Cancel all recent appointments.
- Immediately cancel fuel allowance of Rs.68,000 / - paid to Directors.
- Do not extend the agreements of contract staff who use corporation quarters.
- Conduct proper investigations into the illicit financial transactions and projects carried out during the previous regime.
- Investigate the misuse of the digital archive library.
Hudson back as SLBC Chairman : May salary halved for employees