The international community has been seriously accusing that the president, the entire cabinet, the defense secretary and the IGP are responsible for the tragedy.
The Opposition Leader and former Defence Secretary have also been alleged for not divulging information to the general public regarding the bomb attacks.
Complaint to the Human Rights Commission:
Meanwhile, the journalist Kasun Pussawela has lodged a complaint with the National Human Rights Commission alleging that security heads including the President and the PM had failed to prevent the attack, violating fundamental rights of people.
The petition states that the heads of defense are responsible for not preventing the suicide when intelligence agencies have warned of attacks.
Former defense secretary and IGP sued
Meanwhile, a criminal case has been filed by a person named Danton Palinda Wickremasinghe against former Defense Secretary Hemasiri Fernando and Inspector General of Police Pujitha Jayasundara as a private case before the Colombo Magistrate's Court for not preventing the recent terrorist attack.
The case has been filed by Attorney Eric Balasuriya on behalf of the plaintiff.
The petitioner says when the intelligence officers have informed of the incident, they have put public safety in danger due to negligence and individuals have been killed and seriously injured. He also says the defendants have violated 298 and 329 clauses of the penal code and they should be punished.
Addressing the Nation on April 23, President Maithripala Sirisena said that he did not receive any information about the incident.
"I must specifically point out that the officers who were responsible for this state intelligence service did not submit due information to me. Had I received this information, I could take immediate action, "the President said.
However, Field Marshal Sarath Fonseka, who made a special statement on April 24 in the parliament, pointed out that the head of the state intelligence service is directly responsible to the Minister of Defense and that he would submit the report to the President.
Defense Ministry Secretary Hemasiri Fernando confirmed that the information had been received. He told the international media that he did not expect such a severe attack to take place.
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe said that although he had received information from a foreign intelligence service regarding the attacks, neither he nor the Cabinet was informed of the incident by the Sri Lankan agencies.
Minister Rajitha Senaratne also said that the Security Forces had not taken steps regarding the intelligence information and that the Prime Minister or the Defense Minister had not been called for the Security Council for months.
(Source- BBC Sinhala Service)